Moogho explores bridges between continents, styles and times, as Art Melody raps and sings on top of uncompromising productions by long time partner Redrum, aided by a a slew of far reaching international producers.
Moogho is released exactly one year after the Burkinabè insurection which successfully ousted president Blaise Compaoré. The album also comes out days after the recent failed coup in Burkina Faso, a reminder of the still frail state of affairs in Ouagadougou. A fragility which heighten the importance of artists like Art Melody, who has remained vocal and critical throughout the turmoil, without ever losing his faith in the Burkinabè people, and in particular its youth.
On Moogho Art Melody shares his commentary with his unimitable technique, rapping and singing in both Mooré and Dioula, flowing freely in a current of hip hop, electro, blues, afrobeat, bass music and free jazz.
This deliberate juxtaposition of Burkinabè reality and global musicality sets Art Melody in the lineage of musical geniuses such as Afrika Bambaata, Archie Shepp, The Clash or Manu Dibango, who all blurred lines and embraced diverse influences and genres.
Moogho’s powerful statement is in sharp contrast with the stringent and absurdly repressive immigration policies of our times, it stands against cultural segmentation and social segregation. Moogho is a universal dance, a global vibration hailing straight from the streets of Ouagadougou.
Past Posts about Art Melody:
- (English) New Single: Art Melody – „Tôk Tôko“ April 18, 2019 Leider ist der Eintrag nur auf Amerikanisches Englisch verfügbar.
- Akwaaba Artists & Nyege Nyege Festival August 30, 2016 Leider ist der Eintrag nur auf Amerikanisches Englisch und Französisch verfügbar.
- Art Melody – Moogho Oktober 30, 2015 Two years after the acclaimed Wogdog Blues, Art Melody returns with Moogho – “world” in Mooré, the language of the Mossi people of Burkina Faso. Moogho explores bridges between continents, styles and times, as Art Melody raps and sings on top of uncompromising productions by long time partner Redrum, aided by a a slew of far ...
- Art Melody – „Micro Makré“ Juli 30, 2015 This is the first preview off of Art Melody’s upcoming fourth album, Moogho, which means „world“: the last couple of years have seen Art Melody touring and collaborating with artists from three different continents – Moogho itself was recorded between Burkina Faso, Ghana and France. Micro Makré means „Mic check“ in Mooré, the Mossi language of ...
- Art Melody: Clandestino Festival Photos Juni 11, 2015 Apparently Art Melody’s performance at Clandestino Festival in Göteborg was epic! Great shots by David Márquez. Check here for Melo’s other dates.
- Art Melody – 2015 Tour Dates Mai 18, 2015 It’s exciting to see Art Melody coming back to Europe. Fantastic work by Tentacule Records booking loads of shows in France, and Melo’s first ever appearances in Scandinavia at Clandestino Festival in Göteborg in June and at Malmö Live in July! And this just in: Melo in Paris à l‘Alimentation Générale on June 4.
- Art Melody – Rogomiki Video April 15, 2015 Art Melody’s been busy! Besides two upcoming full albums brewing, he found time to take part in a new video shot in Ouagadougou by Bastien Papillier, for the song Rogomiki (our traditions) from his last album Wogdog Blues.
- Art Melody – „Bamb Rat“ Video Oktober 9, 2014 As the lethal Ouagalais MC records his next opus, the Tentacule Records team put together this video, directed by Jérémie Lenoir. Pure hip hop vibes, Melos thunder barely contained in the colorful collage. Still a few copies of his Wogdog Blues album available on vinyl, check it here!
- Art Melody – Very Limited Edition Vinyl Oktober 28, 2013 This is very, very exciting: Akwaaba’s very first vinyl release! And also the first vinyl release from any Burkinabé artist in years… and the only African hip hop vinyl in years – or even ever? We only pressed very, very few copies of Art Melody’s album Wogdog Blues, grab one of 150 records from Bandcamp ...
- Art Melody – Great Review on +d’Afrique (French) Oktober 15, 2013 Veuillez installer Flash Player pour lire la vidéo +D’Afrique du 11/10/2013 Partie 5 – +D’Afrique du 11/10/2013 Partie 5 For those of you who speak French…